I am so excited that you have chosen me to document your little one’s newborn session. This is such an amazing moment for you both and I thank you for allowing me to be part of it. To help with preparation for your upcoming session, here are some great tips!
- Have your house warm and if you have a space heater it can be a great bonus.
- If breast-feeding, you should avoid fast food or gassy foods 24 hours before the session.
- If you have props, blankets, hats, things of yours that you want to include have them gathered together. I love to use your personal items.
- I will also bring an array of props and use a space(s) in your home that are well lit.
- Please don’t stress about the cleanliness of your house or yourself, you have a newborn to take care of and I am very laid back.
- Make sure the two of you have a little something to eat before our session or snack during the session. With a newborn, you may be feeling tired, food and drink can definitely help.
- Newborn posing is most ideal while your baby is sleeping, when your baby is awake I will still get some cute candid photos still and this can also be a great time to capture photos with the two of you based on your session choice.
- Most importantly, your baby is in charge – feeding, changing, sleeping or crying, we will be patient and prepared together. If you are new parents, don’t stress about the session, the more calm you are, the more calm your baby will feel.
Your little one is about to star in their first photo shoot and I’ll capture every precious moment.